- To be informed of your rights and responsibilities.
- To recommend changes in rights, responsibilities, ethical issues and policies.
- To be treated with respect, dignity, consideration, and not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnic background, handicap, or ability to pay.
- To be protected from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- To have an interpreter, if needed.
- To not perform work or service that is assigned to staff.
- To know the cost of service, the source of reimbursement, any limitations on duration of services, and the amount of co-pays.
- To know you can change plans, after an appeal, and/or dis-enroll from TennCare at any time.