Our Assessment Process
Data Collection and Review: The health of Anderson County was researched using a variety of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ridgeview, Methodist Medical Center, Head Start, Anderson County School System and the health department all were actively involved in collecting data using a survey for residents of Anderson County. Survey participants were asked for their perspectives on the health and quality of life in Anderson County.Total number of surveys collected was 598.
- Two focus groups were conducted with 24 community leaders representing social services, seniors, low-income and uninsured, and the Hispanic population.
- Health statistics were gathered from the Tennessee Department of Health, County Health Rankings, Kids Count, hospital discharge data, and the 2010 Census.
- Regional data collected by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services was also reviewed with emphasis being placed on the survey results completed by consumers, advocates, and behavioral health providers in the region.
- A data synthesis team was formed consisting of 10 individuals representing both hospitals, the health department, the school system, the United Way, and Emergency Medical Services. This group met to identify, discuss and prioritize the findings from the assessment data sources.