TN Health Link Care Coordination for TennCare Members
Through better coordinated behavioral and physical health services, the program is meant to produce improved patient outcomes and flexibility when it comes to the delivery of appropriate care for each individual.
As a Health Link provider, Ridgeview is committed to ensuring the best care setting for each member, offer expanded access to care, improve treatment adherence, and reduce hospital admissions. In addition, the program is built to encourage the integration of physical and behavioral health, as well as, mental health recovery, giving every member a chance to reach his or her full potential for living a rewarding and increasingly independent life in the community.
What is Tennessee Health Link?
Tennessee Health Link is a team of Ridgeview professionals who provide whole-person, patient-centered, coordinated care for its TennCare members with behavioral health conditions. Members who would benefit from Health Link will be identified based on diagnosis, health care utilization patterns, or functional need.
Ridgeview's Health Link professionals will use various care coordination and patient engagement techniques to help members manage their health care across the domains of behavioral and physical health, including:
- Comprehensive care management (e.g., creating care coordination and treatment plans)
- Care coordination (e.g., proactive outreach and follow up with primary care and behavioral health providers)
- Health promotion (e.g., educating the patient and his/her family on independent living skills)
- Transitional care (e.g., participating in the development of discharge plans)
- Patient and family support (e.g., supporting adherence to behavioral and physical health treatment)
- Referral to social supports (e.g., facilitating access to community supports including scheduling and follow through)
How is Tennessee Health Link different from Level 2 Case Management?
Health Link is intended to include many of the activities associated with Level 2 Case Management, including patient check-ins and the provision of high-touch supports to enable treatment adherence. In addition, the Health Link care model involves a greater emphasis on coordination between the member’s physical health and behavioral health. Health Link providers will have more flexibility than ever before to support their members in the most effective ways, including through collateral contacts with family and health care providers. Health Link also rewards providers for focusing on patient recovery, including independent living skills development.
Learn more about eligibility for TN Health Link Services
- For adult eligibility, ask for Mildred Beasley
- For children and youth eligibility, ask for Amy Olson